The Thirty Second Cup // The New Normal



The most talked about topic is "The New Normal". With this outbreak causing the whole world looking at things differently now, we would have new rules and new habit at least until the vaccine is ready.

I have quarantined myself almost 60 days at home. I'm currently working from home and doing any other activities at home, including getting a cup of coffee. My extrovert self is really struggling with this situation. I miss going to the coffeeshops, malls, movies, etc. But, well.. I think if I am not capable to help with the COVID-19 victim, I can help the medical team by staying at home. That's my part which I think what people with no medical capability should do.

Being at home for almost 2 months has its ups and downs, such as :

1. Screen exhaustion
Basically I'm just bored looking at the screen; bored with laptops to be exact.

2. Being at home ≠ doing work
Working from home doesn't mean whenever I'm home, I shall be working. Yes I know that businesses are tough these days, but the calendar has it in red for some reason. Working from home is actually working harder than what we usually are. Therefore, I'm bored with laptops.

3. Thank God for technology
With technology, we can do most of our activities online. But, personally I think it can't beat the offline experiences. For instance, yes we can meet our friends online but talking with them would need to take turn while in offline, you can talk to one and the other can still talk to each other.

4. New or hidden skill developed
On the plus side, during this time we all have a chance to explore some new things. All of a sudden, everyone is in the kitchen; baking and cooking. But in my case, I'm trying photography (improving it with styling).

-

Despite the ups and downs during this pandemic, we all have the same hope – for all of this to be over. We don't know when this is over, so we can only get used to live with it by applying all of these health protocol.

This is what I hope after this pandemic is over:

1. Be more appreciative
We got a chance to stare at our phone 24/7 during this #StayAtHome period. So, why would we continue to do so once we can meet people in real life? Put down the phone and get to a real convo. Aren't we sick of the screen? (Well.. I am.)

2. Back to normal
Just go back to what we usually do before this pandemic.

-

Meanwhile, stay safe, stay healthy and stay at home!


Comments